Skip to content
How to Register
How to Register
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
Town of Winchester
Recreation and Senior Center Departments
Title: Tobacco/Smoke and Vape-Free Parks Policy
Date of Adoption: October 10, 2018
The Town of Winchester is committed to a high quality of life for all residents, therefore we believe that:
1. Tobacco/smoke and vape product use in the proximity of young children, teenagers and adults engaging in or observing recreational and leisure activities is unhealthy and detrimental to the health of others.
2. Tobacco/smoke products once consumed in public spaces are often discarded on the ground, thus potentially posing a risk of ingestion to humans and wildlife, causing litter problems and brush fires.
3. As parents, guardians, leaders, coaches and officials, we are thought of as role models and the use of tobacco/smoke and vape products has a negative impact on the lifestyle choices of community members.
Tobacco/Smoke and Vape-Free Facilities
No person shall smoke, use tobacco, or vaping products at any Recreation facility and Winsted Senior Center or associated parking lots, including but not limited to the following areas in the Town of Winchester.
-Manor Playground - Playscape - Walker Field -Tatros Pond
-Resha Beach - Rowley Pee Wee Field -Sue Grossman trails -Winchester Center
-Holland Beach - Ryan Field -Skate park -Basketball Courts
- Rowley Farm Field - Hanley Field -Winsted Senior Center - Tennis Courts
- Dodge Field - Gaylord Tiffany Building -band stand
Parks and Recreation maintained areas as well.
1. Signs will be posted at all Recreation facilities and the Winsted Senior Center.
2. Town staff, including Recreation Director, Senior Director and any staff member associated with these departments will make periodic observations to monitor compliance.
3. The community and facility users will be notified of this policy through various communication channels including, but not limited to: the town website, newsletters, flyers and various forms of social media.
4. Athletic associations and organizations that utilize town-owned facilities are committed to enforcing this policy during all scheduled activities and special events.
Return to Previous List